Saturday, June 03, 2006

If I've said it once, I've said it one hundred times!! The Springfield Road Runner's Club are special people! It's never more evident that in a time of need. The number of SRR's at my mother's visitation last night was almost overwhelming. Friends, you can not realize what it meant to see you all and get your hugs. I'm a pretty strong person, but I sure needed that! My family couldn't believe the turnout. And the cards- wow!! You are truly a special group of people. And here's a thought I had just recently. If it hadn't been for Abe's Army I wouldn't have been in town and therefore I wouldn't have gotten to the hospital as quickly as I did. I called her on our way home from the park and could tell by her voice that something was terribly wrong. Duane turned the truck around and took me immediately to St. John's. I'm the last thing my mother saw and that comforts me greatly. We were pretty close and I'll miss her terribly. Thanks to you, one and all. I'll see a lot of you Tuesday night.

No comments: