Sunday, August 23, 2009

Congratulations!

Fabulous job out there today Army! You were awesome!

Can you believe how far you've come since orientation back in May? Many of you started with minimal or zero mileage and now you have completed 6.2 miles! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

It was a beautiful and perfect day for a race. Can you believe the temperature? The course was great (as always), the water stops and course marshall's were energetic and well staffed, and it was great running down Grandstand Avenue hearing the cheers of the crowd. Race director, Anne Armitage deserves a standing ovation!

This has been a great summer and I have really enjoyed seeing and meeting such fabulous people. It also was great seeing close friends become "runners". Cherish the friendships that you have made as they may be your running partners forever.

Don't stop now, it has only just begun! Take a few days off, pick another goal, and keep on running. You are now a runner and officially a member of our great running family.

Stay tuned! Tomorrow-we will offer you some new goals!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to give a couple of grades to Anne Armitage for Abe's Army and Holly Dahlquist for Abe's Army information and quotes. The only grade I can think of is A.

Nice job ladies.

Anonymous said...

Stupid question...were there finisher medals at the Bud Tent. I grabbed a snack and then had to leave. One of our leaders mentioned finisher medals. Did I totally miss it??

Holly said...

There were finisher medals for the Army participants. You can check with your leaders to see if they still have some or I can find out who has them.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed running in Abe's Amble. I had run the race once before in 2003, I think. Joined Abe's Army in May and kept pulling my calf muscle and gave up on the training. On a whim and without much running since May, I showed up this morning and gave it my best shot at a run/walk. I finished in 1:19 and it was really fun. Great encouragement from many great folks at SRRC. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i heard there was a lady that got attacked by a bunch of bees in the cemetery...is she okay, that is so scary! lori

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask the same thing. I saw it happen and she was in misery. Please say she is OK.

Anonymous said...

I was running with her and she was in my group. She sent us all an email and I am happy to report that other than some itching and a little pain she is fine. Also, just wanted to let you know that after all that, she stopped and got treated and with pure determination on her own finished the race.

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR HER!!!!! i am so happy she is okay and wow, what an inspiration! thanks so much for letting us know that she is good - i have been thinking about her since sunday! lori