Monday, May 25, 2009

Orientation and packet pick up this Thursday, May 28th for leaders and recruits!

Leader orientation will be held first from 5:30-6:15 pm.
Leaders, it would be great if you could also stay and attend the recruit orientation!

Recruit orientation will follow at 6:30 pm.

Included in your packets will be your Abe's Army T-shirt, your smart ID tag, your running log, and lots of running information. Come and meet some of the leaders and get your questions answered. Topics included in this orientation will be on running safety, running etiquette, communication, how the Army works, and much more.

The orientation will be held in the Dove Conference Center which is located in the Prairie Heart Institute (which is connected to St. John's Hospital), 619 E. Mason Street. Parking is available across the street in the St. John's Hospital/Prairie Heart Institute/Mason Street parking ramp and on nearby streets.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we just pick up our packets? I will have my children with me on Thursday night and won't be able to stay for a recruite orientation?

Holly said...

The packets wont be available until after the orientation. You could possibly try and come around 7:15.

The packets will be available for pick up on June 1st at Lincoln Park from 5:00-5:45. Not sure if there will be any at the Fairgrounds on June 1st but they definitely will be at Lincoln Park.

Taurus said...

Holly, I have to work tonight, how long will the orientation last?

Billikers said...

I just got home from the orientation, and I should have looked before I left and didn't, but the shirt they gave me is 2 sizes smaller than I asked for. Is there a way to exchange it for one that will fit?

Holly said...

Billikers~
You should be able to exchange your shirt next Monday (June 1st)at Lincoln Park from 5:00-5:45. I apologize that you received the wrong size.

Tauras~
Just got your email. Hopefully, you were able to pick up your packet.

Packets will be available Monday, June 1st from 5:00 to 5:45. I do recommend showing up early so that you are ready to go at 5:45.

beginner said...

Just found out about this today! Can I still be a part of Abe's Army? If so, what do I need to do?

Holly said...

Beginner,

I am sorry to say that registration has been closed since early May. We are over our normal capacity of 400 runners so there is no waiting list this year. Please check back with us next year in early Spring.