Monday, May 26, 2008

Well, Sergeants, it's almost here - our first night of training.

For those that did not receive this email from Jan~

Please add my cell number to your phone list. Remember, you can call
me if you need first aide. I'll be on my bike somewhere in the vicity
of the park and fair grounds. It's 414-8858.

Bruce Bennett, director of the Shoreline Classic in Decatur, has asked
if we could encourage our Abe's Army folks to participate in their race
on Sunday, September 21. The Shoreline Classic is a 5 and 15K race.
If we were to have and "Advanced Abe's" we could get our folks prepared
to do the 15K. It could encourage them to do a race out of town with
a group. I can see "Advanced Abe's" being like the Frostoes and the
Halfwits. Not really formal, but a group that gets together three times
a week for runs. It will need to be headed up by someone to plan
routes, etc. That's where you come in. Is there one or two folks out there
that would like to head this program? I'll give you any help you
need. Remember, the power of the group is fun and motivating!! Let me
know if you can help out. I'm twolazybums@mwii.net.

And please remember, a Sergeant in the front and a Sergeant in the back
- always. Even if that slow person tells you to "go ahead", please
stay. You can take turns leading and bringing up the rear if you wish.
Also, watch for shoe tags - let's have only registered folks in the
program so that we're covered by insurance.

See you Tuesday night!! Let's have FUN!!

No comments: